What follows are guidelines for packing prints flat, if you need diagrams please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send them to you.
1. Cut two pieces of clean corrugated board, (preferably double-ply board) to be at least 10 cm bigger than the print on all 4 sides.
2. Place the print in the centre of one board, face-up, and cover the printed face with a sheet of acid-free tissue the same size as the print.
3. Make protective corners for all 4 corners of the print from strips of thin paper. They must be folded to wrap around the corners of the print. (These are to stop the print from sliding to the edge of the package in transit).
4. Tape these corners to the bottom sheet of card with masking tape. Take care to be sure that the print cannot slide around, or be touched by the adhesive tape.
5. Cover the top with the other sheet of corrugated board, and tape this "sandwich" together using masking tape with a paper tab on the open edge, so that the masking tape doesn't stick to the sides of the package. Indicate which is the top side of this sandwich.
6. Wrap the sandwich, first in plastic or bubble wrap, and then in brown paper. Address, and mark "FRAGILE" before posting.